Minutes 2024

KENT HOUSE LEISURE GARDENS Ltd
Board Meeting – 7.30pm Monday 10 th June 2024
Held in person in the clubhouse.
Draft minutes
1. Attendees: Korehan Dora, Simon Harth, Saeed Kanuga
2. Apologies: Reg Wickings
3. Chair’s Opening Remarks

What an amazing and successful day we all displayed!
Sincere thanks to each and every one of you for making our Spring Open Day on 12 May 2024 such a resounding success. Your help and generous donations were instrumental in creating a memorable event for everyone involved.

Special thanks to:

– Martin and the produce team for their incredible efforts.
– Beverley and all the clubhouse volunteers for their dedication.
– Olly and Cherie for the wonderful face painting.
– The Burger team for keeping everyone well-fed.
– The Bric-a-brac team for their hard work.
– Ray and Glyn for their beautifully presented cake for the tombola.
– Everyone who donated food and cakes.

Thank you from all of us on the committee, on behalf of the entire KHLG community.

4. Minutes of previous meeting 13 th May 2024. Accepted.

Matters Arising.

5. Reminder of key dates for 2024:
Harvest Festival (Plotholders and friends): Sunday 8 September
Bonfire Night or other TBC
Christmas Lunch: Sunday 8 December

6. Action points outstanding
6.1 Picket fence to the main path to prevent accidents – SK
OUTSTANDING: To purchase materials and erect picket fence along main path to
mitigate previously identified health and safety risks

OUTSTANDING: SK to re-measure for materials.
6.2 Meeting to identify and resolve repairs to the clubhouse – KD
OUTSTANDING: majority of repairs to be planned for spring 2024 and support from
volunteers will be sought.
6.3 Purchase of a professional Shredder – All
OUTSTANDING: KD awaiting model which plot holder uses and investigate price.
7. Matter arising
7.1 Communication with neighbours along Fairlawn Park boundary has identified
maintenance to trees and brambles required, which have been agreed.
Agreed: Pruning to be completed asap.
7.2 Replacement helmets and guards required for machine room.
Agreed: SK to purchase
7.3 New lightweight/battery mowers have been identified by SK.
AGREED: SH to look into options for purchase
7.4 New lightweight and smaller wheelbarrows have been identified by SK and KD
AGREED: KD to look into options for purchase
8. Secretary’s report
None
9. Letters / Communications
All communications responded to.
10. Treasurer’s report – SH
Presented and shared by SH
KHLG LTD: £16,871.50
Savings Account: £ 1.00
Cash 1:2:3: £ 5,049.10
Total: £21,921.60
10.2 Open day report:
Takings: £5,768.56
Costs: £1,329.83
Profit: £4,438.73

11. Shop
11.1 Shop report – KD
11.1.1 Sales from 1 Jan to date:
Cash: £ 715.00
Sum-up £ 810.52 credit card
Total: £1,525.52

The Chair (KD) would like to express heartfelt thanks to Simon Harth, our  treasurer, for ensuring the smooth operation of our credit card machines and automating our shop transactions. Each item is now managed by a tablet, making the purchasing process much easier and more efficient.

12. Site Report
Plot inspection notices: 9 issued
Notices to quit: 2  issued

13. Letting Manager’s report – SK
13.1 There are currently 4 vacant plots.
14. Health and Safety issues
AGREED: all to review H&S actions prior to spring season.

15. A.O.B
None

Meeting closed: 21:47
Next meeting: 8 Jul 2024, 19:30

 

KENT HOUSE LEISURE GARDENS Ltd
Board Meeting – 7.30pm Monday 13th May 2024
Held in person in the clubhouse.

1. Attendees: Korehan Dora, Reg Wickings, Simon Harth
2. Apologies: Saeed Kanuga
Draft Minutes
3. Chair’s Opening Remarks
The Chair extended his thanks to everyone who has helped set up for our Spring
open day over the last weeks, particularly on Sat 11 and Sunday 12 May when all the
marquees were put up, grass cut across the site, BBQs and facilities cleaned and
much more. 
4. Minutes of previous meeting 15 th April 2024. Accepted.

Matters Arising.

5. Reminder of future key dates for 2024 Agreed:
Spring Open Day: Sunday 19 May | 11:00 to 16:00
Planning meeting: Sunday 28 Apr
Setup : Saturday 11 May, Sunday 12 May and Saturday 18 May
Takedown : Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 May

Harvest Festival (Plot holders and friends): Sunday 8 September
Bonfire Night or other TBC
Christmas Lunch: Sunday 8 December

6. Action points outstanding
6.1 Picket fence to the main path to prevent accidents – SK
OUTSTANDING: To purchase materials and erect picket fence along main path to
mitigate previously identified health and safety risks
OUTSTANDING: SK to re-measure for materials.

6.2 Meeting to identify and resolve repairs to the clubhouse – KD
6.2.1 OUTSTANDING: majority of repairs to be planned for spring 2024 and support
from volunteers will be sought.
6.3 Purchase of a professional Shredder – All
6.3.1 OUTSTANDING: KD awaiting model which plot holder uses and investigate price.
7. Secretary’s report
None
8. Letters / Communications
9. Treasurer’s report – SH (SH to complete)
Presented and shared by SH
KHLG LTD: £17,423.79
Savings Account: £ 1.00
Cash 1:2:3: £ 1,237.10
Total: £18,661.89
10. Shop
10.1 Shop report – KD
10.1.1 Sales from 1 Jan to date:
Cash: £ 605.00
Sum-up £ 740.52 credit card
Total: £1,345.52

11. Site Report March 2024 – MS
None

12. Letting Manager’s report – SK
12.1 24 notices issued following the monthly plot inspection on 13 May.
13. Health and Safety issues
AGREED: all to review H&S actions prior to spring season.

14. A.O.B

14.1 Actions from AGM being considered:
14.1.1 New lightweight/battery machinery (SK)
14.1.2 New lightweight and smaller wheelbarrows (SK)
14.1.3 Green waste space will continue to only be available when a committee member
is available. Members are encouraged to compost all green waste on their plots
or remove it from site.

Meeting closed: 21:05
Next meeting: 10 June 2024, 19:30

KENT HOUSE LEISURE GARDENS Ltd
Board Meeting – 7.30 pm Monday 15th April 2024
To be held in person in the clubhouse.
Present
: Korehan Dora (KD) Chair, Reg Wickings (RW) Treasurer,
Simon Harth (SH) Coordinator / Support, Saeed Kanuga (SK) Lettings manager. 
Guest: Ben Mansoor (BM)

AGENDA
1. Apologies
None
2. Chair’s Opening Remarks
Chair thanked all those who attended the AGM which was well attended.
Also, thanks to all who have been volunteering over the last month.
Thanks to non-exec members for conducting site inspections and maintaining the site machinery.

3. Minutes of the previous meeting of 11th March 2024 Accepted.

4. Matters arising

5. Key dates for 2024 agreed:
AGM Sunday 24 March | 11:00 
Spring Open Day: Sunday 19 May 11.00 to 16.00
Planning meeting: Sunday 28 April
Setup: Saturday 11 May, Sunday 12 May & Saturday 18 May
Takedown: Saturday 25 & Sunday 26 May
Harvest Festival : (Plot holders and friends): Sunday 8 September
Bonfire Night or other TBC
Christmas Lunch: Sunday 8 December

6. Action points outstanding

6.1 Picket fence to the main path to prevent accidents – SK
OUTSTANDING: To purchase materials and erect the picket fence along the  main path to mitigate previously identified health and safety risks.
OUTSTANDING: SK to re-measure for materials.

6.2 Meeting to identify and resolve repairs to the clubhouse – KD
6.2.1 OUTSTANDING: The majority of repairs is to be planned for spring 2024 and support from volunteers will be sought.
6.3 Purchase of a professional Shredder – All
6.3.1 OUTSTANDING: KD awaiting model which plot holder uses and investigate price.

7. Secretary’s report
None

8. Letters / Communications

9. Treasurer’s report – SH (SH to complete)
Presented and shared by SH
KHLG LTD: £17,642.00
Savings Account: £ 1.00
Cash 1:2:3: £ 827.56
Total: £18,470.79

10. Shop
10.1 Shop report – KD
10.1.1 Sales from 1 Jan to date:
Cash: £295.00 taken and has been transfered to KhlgLtd Bank acc.
Sum-up £354.53 credit card
Total: £649.53

10.1.2 Shop rota to be actioned starting from 21st April .
10.2 Shop accounts
N/A
11. Site Report March 2024 – MS
None

12. Letting Manager’s report – SK
12.1 1 plot has become vacant.
12.2 37 remain on the waiting list and the waiting list has been re-opened.

13. Health and Safety issues
AGREED: all to review H&S actions prior to spring season.

14. A.O.B
14.1 Actions from AGM being considered:
14.1.1 New lightweight/battery machinery (SK)
14.1.2 New lightweight and smaller wheelbarrows (SK)
14.1.3 Green waste space will continue to only be available when a committee member is available.
Members are encouraged to compost all green waste on their plots or remove it from site.

Meeting closed: 21:43
Next meeting: 13 May 2024, 19:30

KENT HOUSE LEISURE GARDENS Ltd
Board Meeting – 7.30 pm Monday 11th March 2024
To be held in person in the clubhouse.
Present
: Korehan Dora (KD) Chair, Reg Wickings (RW) Treasurer,
Simon Harth (SH) Coordinator / Support, Saeed Kanuga (SK) Lettings manager. 

AGENDA
1. Apologies
None
2. Chair’s Opening Remarks
Chair thanked all those plot holders that silently help whether it is tidying up, clearing and cleaning the clubhouse and toilets, and those who help in maintaining and looking after the machinery as well as the two new non-executive members assisting the Site Manager. Chair also welcomed Simon as the new Treasurer and thanked Reg for his 16+ years as treasurer, and pleased that Reg will remain as an active board member.

3. Minutes of previous meeting
Accepted.

Matters Arising
.
4. Key dates for 2024 agreed:
AGM Sunday 24 March | 11:00 
Spring Open Day: Sunday 19 May 11.00 to 16.00
Planning meeting: Sunday 28 April
Setup: Saturday 11 May, Sunday 12 May & Saturday 18 May
Takedown: Saturday 25 & Sunday 26 May
Harvest Festival : (Plot holders and friends): Sunday 8 September
Bonfire Night or other TBC
Christmas Lunch: Sunday 8 December

AGREED:
1. Pitch price agreed at £30 for crafts stalls at the spring open day.
2. Letter of thanks to be sent to the council contacts who organised the Fairlawn boundary wall and fence replacement. SH
5. Action points outstanding
A. SH to programme dates for comms and add to allotment calendar: SH
B. Hornbeams will receive a light trim on 26 March.
C. Picket fence to the main path to prevent accidents – SK

OUTSTANDING:
To purchase materials and erect picket fence along main path to mitigate previously
identified health and safety risks.

OUTSTANDING:
SK to re-measure for materials.
D. Meeting to identify and resolve repairs to the clubhouse – KD
1. OUTSTANDING: majority of repairs to be planned for spring 2024 and support from
volunteers will be sought.
E. Purchase of a professional Shredder – All
2. OUTSTANDING:
KD awaiting model which plot holder uses and investigate price.

6Secretary’s report
None

7. Letters / Communications
Outstanding application needs to be responded to:

AGREED:
SH to write to neighbours along laneway based on Land Registry searches, to ask them to get in touch.
8. Treasurer’s report – SH (SH to complete)
Presented and shared by SH

KHLG LTD: £17,846.00
Savings Account: £ 1.00
Cash 1:2:3: £ 827.56
Total: £18,674.56

9. Shop
A. Shop report – KD
1. Money obtained from Honey sales to be transferred to beekeepers.
2. PF has expressed an interest in helping with the shop.
3. Shop rota to be compiled following the AGM.
9.  Shop accounts
N/A

10 Site Report March 2024 – MS
Plot Inspections; We inspected the plots last Tuesday and were generally impressed by the amount of work achieved by most plot holders despite the wet weather, however, we sent a note to half a dozen or so who did not appear to have attended their plots this year.
11. Several plots are not numbered which makes the inspection difficult. Request to plot holders to number their plots.
12. Work parties; Given the cold wet weather perhaps we could discuss this at the AGM.
13. Plant sales; We have received £50 so far which I have spent on pelargonium plugs.
14. Tomato seeds have been sown in the propagator.

AGREED: KD to update and print the spreadsheet Complete
15. Work parties: As it seems to be impractical to run organised work groups, MS has posted a list in the clubhouse of tasks that can be achieved by any on or two volunteers in their own time. MS will post a WhatsApp request for volunteers.
16Letting Manager’s report – SK
17. One plot let leaving no vacant plots.
37 remain on the waiting list and waiting list has been re-opened.
18Health and Safety issues

AGREED:
all to review H&S actions prior to spring season.
19. A.O.B
None
Meeting closed: 21:20
Next meeting: 8 April 2024, 19:30

 

KENT HOUSE LEISURE GARDENS Ltd
Board Meeting – 7.30 pm Monday 19th February 2024
To be held in person in the clubhouse.
Present
: Korehan Dora (KD) Chair, Reg Wickings (RW) Treasurer,

Simon Harth (SH) Coordinator / Support, Saeed Kanuga (SK) Lettings manager. 

1. Apologies: None
2. Chair’s Opening Remarks
2.1 The chair thanked all the plot holders who offered help and physically helped on the day of the shop re-stock on 15/02/2024.
2.2 The chair also extended his thanks to everyone who discretely helps’ out in our allotment. There is a lot that needs to be done and without the kind-hearted volunteers, we would be falling behind in maintaining our allotment. 

3. Minutes of the previous meeting on 14th January 2024
Matters Arising.

4. Key dates for 2024 agreed:

AGM Sunday 24 March | 11:00 
Spring Open Day: Sunday 19 May 11.00 to 16.00
Planning meeting: Sunday 28 April
Setup: Saturday 11 May, Sunday 12 May & Saturday 18 May
Takedown: Saturday 25 & Sunday 26 May
Harvest Festival : (Plot holders and friends): Sunday 8 September

Bonfire Night or other TBC
Christmas Lunch: Sunday 8 December

5: AGREED:
The pitch price agreed at £30 for crafts stalls at the spring open day.
KD to advertise crafts pitches on the website.
Letter of thanks to be sent to the council contacts who organised the Fairlawn boundary wall and fence replacement.

6: Action points outstanding
SH to program dates for comms and add to allotment calendar.
Quote from Foxey re: reduction of Hornbeams: KD
Options to maintain the hornbeams are being revisited on advice from the tree surgeon.
Also to seek advice on stumps along the northern boundary.

OUTSTANDING:
SK will seek advice from the tree surgeon with a view to undertaking a light prune rather than a fullpollard.
Appointment of a tax consultant for Corporation Tax liability – RW

OUTSTANDING:
RW to share written advice.
Picket fence to the main path to prevent accidents – SK

AGREED:
To purchase materials and erect a picket fence along the main path to mitigate previously identified health and safety risks
AGREED: SK to re-measure for materials.
Meeting to identify and resolve repairs to the clubhouse – KD
OUTSTANDING:
The majority of repairs are to be planned for spring 2024 and support from volunteers will be sought.
Purchase of a professional Shredder – All
AGREED:
KD will check the model of the Shredder from the plot holder who owns a personal Shredder and will investigate the price.
7: Secretary’s report: None

8: Letters / Communications: All
1: Outstanding applications need to be responded to. This has been done
2: Letter from craft people. SK dealing with a person who wrote the letter.
3: Clubhouse use for the party: Responded by KD

9: Treasurer’s report – RW
Presented and shared by RW
KHLG LTD: £18,940.43
Savings Account: £ 1.00
Cash 1:2:3: £ 827.56
Total: £19,767.99

10: Shop
Shop report – KD
KD has received supplies from KGLoch Garden Supplies.
The shop is fully stocked up with various Compost, Manure and Fertiliser’s.
Delivery of items done KD
1: Inventory for the Shop done by Martin and Zach February 2024
2:Shop accounts

11: Site Manager’s report – MS

1: Plot inspections: If the weather stays mild, MS intends to commence the first week in March
2:KD to update and print the spreadsheet for MS
3: Work parties:
As it seems to be impractical to run organised work groups, MS has posted a list in the clubhouse of tasks that can be achieved by any one or two volunteers in their own time. MS will post a WhatsApp request for volunteers.
4: Thanks to Ben for servicing our site lawnmowers, ready for the new season.
5: The Tractor needs to be hopefully working by May 2024.

12: Letting Manager’s report – SK
1: One plot is available to be let.
2: 35 remain on the waiting list.
3: SK to update and forward the present updated waiting list to KD.

13: Health and Safety issues
None

14: A.O.B
1: KD will endeavor to tidy up the workshop.
2: The Chainsaw has now been serviced. It will be run by only using the manufacturer’s fuel. 5Lt has been bought SK.

Meeting closed 21:38

KENT HOUSE LEISURE GARDENS Ltd
Board Meeting – 7.30 pm Monday 15th January 2024
To be held in person in the clubhouse.
Present
: Korehan Dora (KD) Chair, Reg Wickings (RW) Treasurer,

Simon Harth (SH) Coordinator / Support, Saeed Kanuga (SK) Lettings manager. 

1. Apologies: None
2. Chair’s Opening Remarks
2.1 The chair extended his thanks to Heather, who has stepped down from the
Committee for her commitment to the KHLG management committee. The chair
also extended his thanks to everyone who put away all the Christmas decorations,
ready for a new year.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting on 11th December 2023

Matters Arising.

4. Key dates for 2024 agreed:
AGM Sunday 24 March | 11:00 
Spring Open Day: Sunday 19 May 11.00 to 16.00
Planning meeting: Sunday 28 April
Setup: Saturday 11 May, Sunday 12 May & Saturday 18 May
Takedown: Saturday 25 & Sunday 26 May
Harvest Festival : (Plot holders and friends): Sunday 8 September

Bonfire Night or other TBC
Christmas Lunch: Sunday 8 December

4.1 AGREED:
4.1.1 KD to identify contacts for last year’s craftspeople.
4.1.2 SK will contact craftspeople and advise of “May open day” date by the end of Feb.
4.1.3 RW to confirm last year’s pitch price.
4.1.4 SH to program dates for comms and add to allotment calendar.

5. Action points outstanding
5.1 Boundary wall Fairlawn Path – works on site: KD, SK
The Boundary Wall is completed except for two small gaps which will be closed by the contractor.
5.2 Quote from Foxey re: reduction of Hornbeams: KD to put SK and Foxey to communicate the way forward.
Options to maintain the hornbeams are being re-visited on advice from the tree
surgeon. Also to seek advice on stumps along the northern boundary.
OUTSTANDING: SK will seek advice from the tree surgeon to undertake a light prune rather than a full pollard.
5.3 Appointment of a tax consultant for Corporation Tax liability- RW
OUTSTANDING: RW to share written advice.
5.4 Picket fence to the main path to prevent accidents – SK
SK has visited the fencing supplier to inspect the quality and is satisfied.
AGREED: To purchase materials and erect picket fence along the main path to mitigate previously identified health and safety risks.
AGREED: SK to re-measure for materials.
5.5 Meeting to identify and resolve repairs to the clubhouse – KD
5.5.1 KD, SK, and SH conducted an inspection of the site out-buildings on 26 November and identified 28 maintenance points, ranging from repairs to the clubhouse exterior walls and roof dripping edge and repairs of decoration of most timber outbuilding windows and doors.
5.5.2 OUTSTANDING: the majority of repairs are to be planned for spring 2024 and support from volunteers will be sought.
5.6 Purchase of a professional Shredder – All
5.6.1 OUTSTANDING: RW to share model which he has used elsewhere
5.7 Repair/purchase of chain saw – SK
SK has left the chainsaw with Landale Powertools in Sidcup who will inspect and advise the price to repair, which will be reviewed in balance with the cost of a replacement.
6. Secretary’s report
None
7. Letters / Communications
All communications have been responded to.

8. Treasurer’s report – RW
Presented and shared by RW
KHLG LTD: £19,360.29
Savings Account: £. 1
Cash 1:2:3 £ 737.91
Total £20,099.20
9. Shop
9.1 Shop report– KD
KD is setting up KGLoch Garden Supplies as a new supplier for the shop
9.2 Shop accounts
N/A
10. Site Manager’s report – MS
10.1 Pampas grass stump has been removed
11. Letting Manager’s report – SK
11.1 One plot is let in December. One plot is available.
11.2 50 remain on the waiting list.
12. Health and Safety issues
None
13. A.O.B
None – meeting closed 22:15